Sunday, June 20, 2010

Small Talks

Its hard to give advice to the younger generation when you know for a fact that when you were at the same age.. your outlook towards life is exactly the same...

For example my niece Mimi is so stressed out and culture shocked with her new school - she's a college freshman..

I remember.. my first few weeks at the college dormitory was really hard... i kept on crying every night- I miss my mom, my dad and my highschool friends..to top it all.. i witnessed an honest to goodness fraternity rumble on my 3rd day as a college student.. a pillbox just exploded in front of me and the girl walking beside me was hit by flying debris... before i knew it, i was home crying my heart out to my parents. But then my dad, bless his heart, convinced me to go back to school...

After a while.. i was able to cope up and before i knew it, im joing an academic organization and enjoying college life to the fullest..

I may have made a lot of mistakes in my youth and even now as an adult.. im not ashamed to share them especially to my kids, my younger cousins, nieces and nephnews..

What's the saying again? oh right..

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

No comments:

Post a Comment