Saturday, March 10, 2012

Infanta Quezon


Jeepney ride from LB to Quezon. It's been what? It's been a long time since we had one. It's an impromptu decision. I was belting a Whitney Houston song on the Karaoke when someone blurted out.. "Let's go to Lola's at Quezon! And off we go. Though one would think that we've been planning for this trip for years with the amount of stuff we brought with us. We even had blankets, pillows, a huge jar of purefied water. Adrenaline rush perhaps. Hey, we were able to round up all the kids with the exception of Dax who's already on a camping trip. It's a 4-5 hours trip so after two hours of bumpy, uncomfortable ride (jeepney, remember.. no aircon), everyone started complaining.

Despite all the chaos and complaining around her, Jem has the ability to stay positive. That's one of the things I love about her.

Car trouble (I mean jeepney trouble). Someone forgot to put water in the radiator. Being the smallest and the youngest, Henrick was bullied into getting the water from a roadside waterfall.

A roadside view of Lake Caliraya on our way to Infanta, Quezon

I just know that were are near our destination when I see endless coconut plantations

We left Los Banos around 2:30 and reached Infanta around 6:30 PM. Nice sunset, rice fields, 10 mins walk to the beach. I could stay here forever. Not! No cable TV! How am i supposed to watch American Idol without cable TV?

Dirt Road.

I was the designated chaperon so I took some of the kids' pics. Of all the things I'm going to forget, it's my camera. And to top it all, no one thought of reminding me about it. All photos are taken using my Nokia N8 cam phone

Wacky Shot

Another one

Took this shot while the kids are exchanging ghost stories. As usual RJ, the eldest took charge of scaring the little ones.

We are soooo cheap and decided to go to the open beach instead of paying an entrance fee in a nearby resort. Sharp rocks and pretty strong waves (at least for the kids) left all of us with souvenirs. Mine is a 4-inch scratch in my left ankle.

I didnt bring my camera and used my camphone to take this shot instead. This is supposed to be a small island in the middle of the ocean where we used to catch crabs.


Ocean view of Infanta

Endless rice fields a few days before harvest time. Smells great!

Henrick smiling for the camera

Jem, as usual, forgot something. An extra shirt. Of course mom to the rescue.

I was just about to remind the kids about the waves when Ate Tina took this shot. I didnt have any intention of swimming because I just had a hair treatment two days before (yeah saltwater is bad for the hair). This huge wave toppled me over and few seconds later I was underwater.

Didnt even had time to take off my shades. The kids did rescue me though.... So what the hell, since I was already hopelessly wet, I might as well enjoy the sun, the ocean and the kids.

After the beach, which is a part of Pacific Ocean, we decided to take a dip in the ice-cold river.

Me and Jem. You can see there the beginning of a really painful sunburn.

It's was freezing! But we had fun. On our way to the bamboo shack where we spend the whole afternoon.

There, just showered and ready to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment